Separation and divorce can feel like a world of ‘I don’t know’ and ‘what if?’ Separation Support reduces the stress of the unknown and gives you clarity about your next steps so you can move forward.
We understand that your situation is unique. But having helped thousands of people going through separation, we also know the key landmark moments most people go through on their separation journey.
What is Separation Support?
Separation Support lets you talk through your situation with an impartial separation expert, giving you practical guidance on your options and peace of mind that you are on the right track.
For a fraction of the cost of a lawyer, our Consultants can answer many of your questions about navigating the system of separation and divorce in Australia. They’ll let you know when it’s the right time to engage legal and financial professionals.
We’ll break down your complex situation and help you find the smoothest path through.
When do I need Separation Support?
You can book Separation Support at any stage of your journey. Sessions can help you if you’re considering separation or already separated.
Speak with a Separation Consultant if you need:
- to talk through the practicalities with someone impartial
- information specific to your situation on how to separate and get divorced in Australia
- advice about having ‘the discussion’ or telling your children
- support if your partner has told you they want to separate
- help in choosing a legal representative or other separation professionals
- support getting your partner on board with a particular separation pathway
- reassurance about what you’re going through
- some clarity on your next step and to know when to take action.
Can we both speak with the same Separation Consultant?
Yes. Your Consultant is impartial, and your sessions are confidential.
Sometimes it’s easier for separating couples when we speak to both of you – it may help if you both hear the facts from a third party. You hear the same information and feel equally in control.
You can book one-on-one or both together if you feel comfortable. Some couples prefer to book the bundle of three to speak to their Consultant separately before having a final joint session.
The sessions cost the same if it is one or both of you.