You can reach a separation agreement yourselves. But you need to know the facts. In this step-by-step video series, top Mediator and Barrister Jack Whelan guides you through everything you need to know to reach a separation agreement.
For a fraction of the cost of one hour with a Lawyer, you can learn how to:
- separate on fair terms
- get on the same page as your ex-partner
- avoid common mistakes
- draft a DIY Agreement with templates to fill as you go.
Is a DIY agreement right for you? Watch the first session free to find out
This toolkit is best for couples who:
- are amicable and communicate well
- trust each other to be honest about finances
- are comfortable with Australia’s legal system
- are married or in a de-facto relationship
- want to stay in control of their divorce.
About the instructor
Jack Whelan is a Barrister, nationally accredited Mediator and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, and Co-Founder of The Separation Guide. He has led over 500 mediations across different fields of law.
Jack’s interest in family law comes from watching family members do it tough in a complicated and costly system. He created this series to help couples who want to stay in control of their separation understand what a fair settlement can look like.